Orlando Slip and Fall Attorney
Representing Slip and Fall Victims in Orange County and throughout Central Florida
A slip and fall can lead to serious, life-changing injuries, especially if you fracture a limb or hit your head. In many cases, a slip and fall is not the result of clumsiness: Slick surfaces or other hazards are often to blame. You may be entitled to compensation if the property owner failed to maintain safe premises.
At The Gray Law Firm, LLC, we are ready to help you enforce your rights and recover the compensation you deserve. Our Orlando slip and fall lawyer has over a decade of experience and knows how to handle premises liability cases. Our female-owned firm has secured millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients, and we are ready to put our resources and skills to work for you. We offer attentive, personalized representation, and our team will fight to protect your interests every step of the way.
What to Do After a Florida Slip and Fall
Even a seemingly minor slip and fall tends to knock the wind out of you. It may take a few moments for you to collect yourself and process what happened. If you do not notice any major injuries, you may be tempted to shrug the incident off and go about your day. This is a mistake: Many slip and fall-related injuries will not be visible to the naked eye, and there are certain steps you should take to protect your rights before you leave the scene.
After a slip and fall, you should:
- Decide if you need emergency medical attention. Do not hesitate to call 9-1-1 if your head hurts, if you do not feel well, or if you have sustained one or more serious injuries.
- Gather evidence. If you do not think you need immediate medical attention, look around the area where you fell and attempt to figure out what happened. Did you slip on a slick surface? Did you trip on uneven tiling? Take pictures of any hazards or other conditions that may have contributed to the fall.
- Speak to the person in charge. Ideally, you should speak to the property owner, but they may not be present or available. Be sure to talk to whoever is currently in charge – an on-site manager, for example – and tell them what happened. Stick to the facts and do not admit any level of fault. Ask for any available security camera footage and insist they write an official incident report. Do not leave until you get a copy of this report.
- Collect contact information. Get the names and phone numbers of the person in charge and/or the property owner as well as any witnesses.
- Get a medical examination. Even if you are confident that you did not sustain any major injuries, you should still see a doctor right away. Many people suffer from traumatic brain injuries after hitting their heads in a slip and fall. These injuries will often not be immediately apparent and can lead to devastating health consequences if left untreated.
- Contact our Orlando slip and fall attorney. The property owner or their representatives may reach out in the days after your fall. Do not make any statements, answer any questions, or sign any releases before you speak to a legal professional. Anything you say can and probably will be used against you, and accepting a settlement will likely prevent you from filing a personal injury lawsuit. We can walk you through the next steps and take care of communications with the property owner on your behalf.
Recovering Compensation through a Florida Slip and Fall Lawsuit
Florida law specifically outlines what it takes to win a slip and fall case. You must prove you slipped on a “substance,” the substance created a dangerous condition, the property owner knew or should have reasonably known about this dangerous condition, and they did not fix it. We know how to prove these elements and establish negligence in court.
You will in most cases only have four years from the date of the accident to file a slip and fall lawsuit. If a slip and fall later results in death, you will have two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to pursue a wrongful death claim.
A slip and fall lawsuit can help you recover compensation for many types of losses, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
The property owner may try and claim you were partially responsible for your slip and fall. The good news is you can still recover some compensation if the court agrees you are partly to blame. You will be assigned a percentage of fault, which will determine how much you can potentially recover. You will only be able to get 90% of your total damages if the court decides you are 10% responsible, for example.
Many slip and fall claims never make it to trial, and the property owner in your case may attempt to settle out of court. Our team at The Gray Law Firm, LLC is committed to protecting your interests and will always pursue the best possible outcome.
Car Accident Involving a Head Injury $450,000
Car Accident Involving a Head Injury $100,000
Car Accident Involving a Back Injury $105,000
Truck Accident Involving a Back Injury $53,000
Car Accident Involving a Back Injury $50,000
Bicycle Accident $50,000
Car Accident Involving a Herniated Disc $45,000
"The Gray Law Firm made my not so great experience as pleasant as it could possibly have been. They provided diamond level customer service, timely updates, & thoroughly explained the process ahead of my questions."Jwi
"I could not have asked for a better attorney than Veronica Gray! She is definitely my go to Attorney from now on. Through the whole process Veronica Gray and her team were quick to respond and get things done!"Fran
"She cares a lot about her clients and their cases. She goes the extra step to provide clients with high quality legal services."Elaina
"Attorney Veronica Gray is the best in her field. I have personally witnessed the personal touch she gives each client. She handles her cases with compassion and competency."Paulette
"She swiftly responded to my personal injury claim and has been responsive and available for all of my questions throughout the process. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a personal injury attorney in the central Florida area."Lucie
"I am so thankful and glad that through a difficult and painful time Attorney Gray and her office were the ones who helped me get through."Kallena
"Veronica was very attentive, considerate & thorough in her assessment of my situation. She did not hesitate to address the unique needs of my case, her follow up was prompt & consistent updates was very helpful."Jonathan
"She takes your case seriously and gives you the personal attention you deserve."Brittany
"The Gray Law firm has handled multiple cases referred to them and everyone has been extremely pleased. Veronica is responsive and keeps her clients up to date on all movements on their case. Highly ..."Joe
Over 11 Years of Experience
Millions Recovered for our Clients
Personalized Attention to Every Client
Female-Owned Law Firm