Orlando Truck Accident Attorney
Representing Truck Accident Victims in Orange County and throughout Central Florida
Any automobile accident is scary, but crashes involving trucks can be especially terrifying. Victims often sustain catastrophic injuries and are forced to deal with enormous medical bills.
If you suffered losses in a truck collision, you may be able to recover compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. These cases tend to be more complex than traditional car accidents, because, depending on the circumstances, multiple parties may be liable.
At The Gray Law Firm, LLC, we understand you are going through a challenging and stressful time. Our goal is to help you get the compensation you deserve as quickly and painlessly as possible. Our Orlando truck accident lawyer has over a decade of experience and a strong track record of success, having helped our hundreds of clients recover millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts. We are known for our effective advocacy and compassionate, personalized guidance. Your case is important to us, and we will fight to protect your interests from beginning to end.
Who Is Liable for a Truck Accident in Florida?
In an auto accident involving noncommercial vehicles, determining liability tends to be fairly easy. The negligent driver is potentially liable for damages that exceed what the injured party’s insurance covers.
Truck accident liability is not always so simple. The truck driver’s employment status, the cause of the crash, and other factors may influence who is liable. Our Orlando truck accident attorney will investigate your case and identify the legally responsible parties.
The following parties may be liable for losses sustained in a truck accident:
- The truck driver. If the accident is caused by the driver’s negligence, they can be held responsible for your injuries. Many truck drivers get into accidents due to fatigue, which can be considered negligence in the eyes of the law.
- The trucking company. The driver’s employer also may be liable if the driver is a full-time employee. The company may have been negligent if they failed to adequately train the driver, incentivized the driver to drive without sufficient rest breaks, or failed to maintain the truck itself. If the driver is an independent contractor, the company will likely be able to avoid liability.
- The truck’s manufacturer. If a defective component led to a crash, the manufacturer can be found liable if there is a pattern of similar incidents or if they failed to adequately warn truck operators about a known issue.
- The truck’s maintenance crew. Trucks must be regularly checked and maintained by a qualified crew. Maintenance crewmembers may be liable if they fail to inspect or replace faulty components.
- The truck’s cargo loaders. If unsecured cargo causes the accident or contributes to its severity, the cargo loaders may be liable if they failed to adequately secure the truck’s contents.
Recovering Compensation through a Florida Truck Accident Lawsuit
You will need to act quickly if you want to recover compensation for damages suffered in a truck accident. In most cases, you have four years from the date of the accident to take legal action. If a truck accident kills a loved one, you will have two years from the date of their death to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
A Florida truck accident lawsuit can help you recover compensation for many types of losses, including:
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Lost wages (including reductions in earning capacity)
- Physical suffering and mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
You may be able to recover some damages even if you were partially responsible for the truck crash. Florida follows pure comparative negligence laws, which means your share of the blame limits what you can recover. For example, if the court decided you were 10% responsible for the collision, a $100,000 damage award would be reduced to $90,000.
Our team at The Gray Law Firm, LLC will always fight to maximize your recovery. Many personal injury claims are ultimately settled out of court, but our Orlando truck accident lawyer is a skilled litigator who is ready to go to trial if we believe doing so will lead to the best result.
We know how to effectively handle these complicated situations and will provide your case with the dedicated attention it deserves. Call (407) 288-8880 or contact us online to start exploring your legal options.
Car Accident Involving a Head Injury $450,000
Car Accident Involving a Head Injury $100,000
Car Accident Involving a Back Injury $83,000
Truck Accident Involving a Back Injury $53,000
Car Accident Involving a Back Injury $50,000
Bicycle Accident $50,000
Car Accident Involving a Herniated Disc $45,000
"The Gray Law Firm made my not so great experience as pleasant as it could possibly have been. They provided diamond level customer service, timely updates, & thoroughly explained the process ahead of my questions."Jwi
"I could not have asked for a better attorney than Veronica Gray! She is definitely my go to Attorney from now on. Through the whole process Veronica Gray and her team were quick to respond and get things done!"Fran
"She cares a lot about her clients and their cases. She goes the extra step to provide clients with high quality legal services."Elaina
"Attorney Veronica Gray is the best in her field. I have personally witnessed the personal touch she gives each client. She handles her cases with compassion and competency."Paulette
"She swiftly responded to my personal injury claim and has been responsive and available for all of my questions throughout the process. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a personal injury attorney in the central Florida area."Lucie
"I am so thankful and glad that through a difficult and painful time Attorney Gray and her office were the ones who helped me get through."Kallena
"Veronica was very attentive, considerate & thorough in her assessment of my situation. She did not hesitate to address the unique needs of my case, her follow up was prompt & consistent updates was very helpful."Jonathan
"She takes your case seriously and gives you the personal attention you deserve."Brittany
"The Gray Law firm has handled multiple cases referred to them and everyone has been extremely pleased. Veronica is responsive and keeps her clients up to date on all movements on their case. Highly ..."Joe
Over 11 Years of Experience
Millions Recovered for our Clients
Personalized Attention to Every Client
Female-Owned Law Firm